ON-ICE PROGRAMSAt XCEL, we understand that training should be tailored to specific groupings depending on skill sets and personal goals. That’s why we offer a variety of custom, seasonal and recurring programs that fit each players’ needs. Book A Lesson
With a new focus every week, team training encompasses techniques that will improve the functions of an existing hockey team, while simultaneously refining individual players’ skills. Evolving as an individual will only contribute to the overall performance of the team. Each session is customized to focus on the particular needs of the team.
This program is ideal for coaches who are looking to polish their team’s skills as they work together to cultivate the ultimate hockey experience.
Team training sessions challenge the players with:
- High level drills
- Practical, hands-on correction to perfect execution
- Skating techniques
- Consultation on translating skills into real game scenarios
With private and semi-private sessions, players receive highly customized consultations and training tailored directly to their goals. Through an immersive approach, players receive total attention from the trainer to correct the finer details that not only improve skills, but instill self-confidence in each participant.
We offer private and semi-private training sessions for players on a 1:1, 1:2 and 1:3 trainer to player ratio.
- Begins with an assessment to measure players’ skill levels, strengths, and pain points
- Program and strategy built to address all areas in need of improvement
- Sessions can target the same skill, or feature a new focus each time
Different to the Team Training, Group Training programs bring a group of players together to encourage healthy competition and motivation.
We offer group training sessions for players on a 1:4, 1:5 and 1:6 trainer to player ratio.
- High tempo drills
- Skills centred around how to adapt to other players on the ice
- Can be customized for the group’s needs
A break from school doesn’t have to mean time off from learning. XCEL’s seasonal and holiday camps function as popular programs for players with an appetite and aptitude for skill maintenance and recreation.
Groups are determined based on players’ age and skill level, with up to 6 players for every 1 trainer. The smaller trainer to player ratio provides consistency and a personalized approach to development.
Each seasonal camp runs for 5 days (Mon-Fri) and focuses on progressive drills, games and techniques to boost team building.
- * no camps currently running due to Covid.
- Weekly practices, focusing on individual player and team skill development
- Team jersey
- 3 Tournaments
All prices are listed in CAD. For customized rates, please contact us.